Whether you have an innovative product or something new in the market, BEAL Testing Services can help you.
BTS is one of a few international entities who are able to provide customised, specific test methodologies, to enable you to demonstrate that your product will comply with the relevant country ‘Code requirements’.
BTS operates in accordance with the requirements of International Standards such as ISO9001.
Over many years BTS has developed in-house expertise covering the following products –
- Prefabricated or pre-manufactured walls, roofs and floor systems that are part of a “building system”;
- Roofing products such as roof shingles, sheet membranes and Liquid Applied Membranes (LAMs);
- Exterior cladding products such as vertical weatherboards, insulated weatherboards, pre-finished fibre-cement sheets, and so on;
- Window and door products, including uPVC, thermally broken aluminium and plastic composite material framing;
- Wall, ceiling and roof insulation products. BEAL has state of the art test equipment to provide accurate figures. See here;
- Structural Insulated Panels. BEAL have considerable experience in testing bracing and flexural properties of these panels;
- Bathroom pods and wet area systems, including floor heating systems.
Testing methods carried out by BTS include –
- Tensile and elasticity testing
- Modulus of Elasticity (MOE)
- Modulus of Rupture (MOR)
- Thickness and length
- Dimensional stability after accelerated ageing in a programmable environmental chamber
- Water absorption
- Low pressure water resistance, especially for underlays and tapes
- Hydrostatic water resistance, especially for Damp Proof Membranes
- Moisture Vapour Permeability
- Nail and screw penetration water resistance
- Resistance to flexing under high wind speeds / pressure
- Resistance to early degradation of wet area membranes from soaps and the like
- Weathertight testing of wall systems, especially for new and innovative products,
- Thermal conductivity measurements enabling R-values to be calculated,
- Fatigue testing of bracing designs or products, intended to provide long term bracing performance (P21 type testing),
- Development of new criterion and assessment methods for highly innovative products, to demonstrate compliance, in accordance with ISO17007. This service is suited to all types of innovators and Product Conformance Bodies (PCBs)
Here is a short video showing weathertight testing –